Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Northern Kentucky University Annual Faculty Show




I recently visited my Alma Mater, Northern Kentucky University, to check out their newest art exhibit FE12:Full and Part-time Visual Arts Faculty. I'm always interested to check out what art professors are creating during their down time. Here are couple of my favorite pieces.

"See" by Ana England

"See" by Ana England, Professor of ceramics at NKU, is made of ceramics, silicon and polystyrene. I have always had a fascination with eyes and this sculpture had plenty to go around. What I also liked about this piece is the textual and organic aspect of it. 


"What a tangled web we weave" by Candice van Loveren Geis
"What a tangled web we weave" by Candice van Loveren Geis is a combination of photography, cloth and embroidery. I am huge fan of mixed media art and I was really struck by this piece.


"SLICE" by Paige Wideman

"Out of the Brighter Life" by Rod Vesper

"Out of the Brighter Life" by Rod Vesper


"Cabin Dweller's Ave" by Kevin Muente
FE12:Full and Part-time Visual Arts Faculty at Northern Kentucky University runs until Feb 3. For more information about this show visit Northern Kentucky University's Visual Arts department for more details. You can also visit The Northerner for their coverage of the exhibit.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...