Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ghost Empire Collective


Recently I wrote my first gallery review and had it published through AEQAI, a local artistic e-journal in Cincinnati focusing on art criticism. The exhibit, Die Cupid Die, was a group show with artwork provided by the Ghost Empire Collective, an all male artist collective from Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.

All of the artists I have interviewed for ArtSeen have varied in medium, style and subject matter. Over all I would say their artwork embraces elements from Pop Surrealism, underground and low brow art. It is this type of art that I find myself drawn to. I was happy to see many of these styles present in the Die Cupid Die show. I've always been of the opinion that Cincinnati has a lot of potential and it was wonderful to see this type of art being shown.

Photos taken at the opening.





The Ghost Empire Collective is made up of six members with varying styles and artistic mediums. Members include Anthony "Tank" Mansfield, Jaimie Filer, Mike Maydak, Kurt Einhaus, Rob Meyer and snottyRLE. If you haven't had a chance to check out the Die Cupid Die show, your last chance is this Friday evening Feb 24 at The Famous Neons Unplugged from 8 p.m.-1 a.m. Go here to check out my review of their opening.

You can visit their Facebook profile and website for more details.

All photography provided by Chuck Heffner.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...